This will be my attempt to keep myself accountable for what I (don’t) read. It’s become an unsettling pattern for me lately to think, “I really miss reading! I never have time anymore!” but not pick up a book when I do have time. So I will try to post here about the books I read. Not reviews, just a mention, and possibly a recommendation, if I feel very strongly about a particular title.
I will start this new series of posts off by recounting 2015 in books read so far, not counting my own books, which I read to edit. Sadly, it is a very short list…
- The Wolf’s Hour by Romert R. McCammon
- Legend by David Gemmel
- Nightfall by Ellen Connor (cheating a little, this was a re-read)
- Midnight by Ellen Connor (re-read)
- The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
- Sword of Destiny by Andrzej Sapkowski
- Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski
- The Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski
- Baptism of Fire by Andrzej Sapkowski
- The Tower of Swallows by Andrzej Sapkowski
- The Lady of the Lake by Andrzej Sapkowski
- Junior Inquisitor by Lincoln Farish (Awesome Indie book! Dark urban fantasy)
- Quiet by Susan Cain
Of these, the last 6 I have read in the last four months. Meaning, I only read two new books in the beginning half of 2015. I am not happy about this, to say the least. To make matters worse, my current TBR pile is so huge, I don’t even know where to start. I am definitely not lacking for choices, only the desire to read. As a writer, reading is how a recharge my mental batteries, so you’d think I’d be reading day and night, right? Maybe I need to start…
What are you reading these days?
Share in the comments below.
I just finished reading Sacrati by Kate Sherwood. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting book covers and links! Here’s the one for Sacrati, just because you set such a good example 🙂 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X2Y5OV6/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1
Awesome! =D Thank you for the recommendation!