I think it takes an avid reader to write good fiction. Books teach us all, inspire us, allow us to escape reality for a while and explore other worlds. I love to read, although I must confess that I do get addicted to a select few authors for a very long time. My current favorites are Kresley Cole and Karen Moning. Both are amazing writers, who create worlds I sometimes wish I could live in.
Of course, I do read other authors as well, but it rarely happens that I like a book enough that I want to read everything that particular author has written. Most of the time, I get over my obsession after a book or two. I suppose that is a good thing; keeps me reading lots of different styles and stories.
Because I am currently in between books, I am indulging my other interests: history and mythology. And so my current reading list consists of the following:
- Metamorphosis of the Werewolf : a literary study from Antiquity through the Renaissance by Leslie A Sconduto
- The Norse Myths by Kevin Crossley Holland
- The Dancing Plague: the strange true story of an extraordinary illness by John Waller
- Company of Liars by Karen Maitland
- Witch & Wizard by James Patterson
The last two are novels and yes, the Patterson novel isn’t historical, or mythological. I just happened to open it on a random page in the book store and liked what I read. I also have some titles on my Kindle for PC, but I honestly can’t remember what they are. I figure I’ll get to them when I finish with these. Which might be a while. Lol
What’s on your reading list?