This post is probably going to be long. It’s meant to provide a quick reference guide/summary to the process of writing/publishing as compiled by me. As such, it is very much subjective, and nothing I say here should be taken as the final say on the matter. Rather, I intend for this to be a starting point from which new and aspiring authors can launch their research into the process. So, from beginning to end, writing, editing, publishing, and marketing. Questions to be covered:
- What constitutes a full length novel?
- How much should I edit before submitting to an agent/publisher/publication?
- Do I need to register a Copyright for my book?
- Do I need an agent/publisher/publicist?
- What do I need for submission to agents/publishers?
- How long does it take to get a book published once it’s signed?
- How do pre-orders work? Do I need them?
- Should I send out Advance Reading Copies (ARCs) to reviewers?
- What happens after my book is published?
- Do I need an author website/blog/social network account?
- What is the most important thing to keep in mind when setting up my author website?
- How do I market my books?
- What about paid ads?
- What has worked best for you?
- How much does it all cost, this being an author thing?
Are you ready? Here we go!
Continue reading “Writing Q&A: How Thigs Work, From A to Z”